Pinterest is a relatively new online platform that has over 11 million users (as of 26th March 2012) - for a full description with glossary read our blog post – What is Pinterest?
So as with all online marketing platforms in the Get Focused world the main question we ask is “How can this help my business?”
We have put together 5 ways you can use Pinterest to market your products or services – you will need to open a Pinterest account.
1. Take colourful photos of your products either on their own or on location, post the images onto your website with descriptions and a clear call to action so people know where to buy. Create a board called your company name and pin the new images on the board.
2. Write blog posts and take pictures of your customers how your products or services have helped them and pin the stories on your company pinboards.
3. Because Pinterest is a visual medium, infographics (a colourful way to display charts and graphs) are so hot right now. Create an Infographic about your business and post on your website then pin it on Pinterest. Pikochart is a fantastic tool that can help you make your own infographics.
4. Search for other people that are on Pinterest in your industry or have complimentary products & services and follow them. Connect with your customers who are on there too and follow them so you can expand your reach.
5. Once you feel happy with your Pinterest board invite people on your database via email to follow your board. You can also share the urls of your pinboards on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin - all your favourite social media platforms
My big time saver tip for using Pinterest (like most of my social media activities) is to download the app onto your iPhone and iPad and after you have completed your own marketing activities above, then you can relax and browse Pinterest in your “downtime”, like when you are watching TV in the evenings or waiting in between meetings.
If all this sounds like too much hard work or you would like to see more information on the ROI of Pinterest just drop us a line and we can help you - email@example.com
See you online,